Real Estate Attorneys in Silver Spring
Skilled Assistance with Real Estate Transactions in Maryland
Becoming familiar with real estate law requires experience. Real estate transactions deal with high-value assets, and a mistake or miscommunication could be costly. At the Law Offices of Ruben and Ruben, our knowledgeable real estate lawyers in Silver Spring can help you with all aspects of buying, selling, developing, or making use of property.
Real estate law goes beyond just property transactions. Our firm can also assist you with:
- Transfer of property and deeds
- Stopping foreclosures
- Short sales
- Selling property without a realtor
- Land use and zoning
- Landlord tenant disputes
- Rental contract drafting, enforcement, and challenging
Our team has worked with real estate developers, financiers and lenders, government institutions, architects, contractors, homeowners, and more in various real estate law-related issues. We have extensive experience in this field and can serve as your guide through virtually any real estate-related legal issue.
For experienced help with real estate law and transactions, call (240) 641-8572 today.
The day of closing on a real estate transaction is an exciting one. Although you are probably eager to put the final touches on this agreement, it is important to carefully review all documents to make sure everything is in order. There may be no going back after this.
There are four critical steps to a real estate transaction closing:
- Document Review – Your attorney should be present on the day of closing to review all documents, which may include the deed, a note, a deed of trust, a settlement statement, and disbursement information.
- Title Examination – The property title is an extremely important document that needs to be examined carefully. Our team will examine the document for any restrictions on property use, encroachments, and leans. We will also check if the title is cleared for the sale transfer.
- Title Insurance – If a problem is found in the title, title insurance provides protections for both the purchaser and lender. If hired as your legal counsel, our attorneys will make sure that you have the option to purchase title insurance. Title insurance is usually optional for purchasers but required for lenders at the time of purchase.
- Record and Disburse – After performing a final review and update of the title, we will issue a final statement to the title company and pay the premium.
Land Use & Zoning
You cannot always do what you want with a piece of real estate property even if you own it. Some titles include restrictions on how the land can be used. These issues are usually covered in zoning. Zoning regulations are established by local or federal governments to regulate how property is developed within their borders.
It is possible to have zoning laws changed to suit your purposes. Our legal team can tell you more about zoning laws affecting your property and what you can do to possibly have them changed.
Tenant Landlord Disputes
Disputes between landlords and tenants are not unusual. Whether you are a tenant who feels you are being mistreated or a landlord having trouble with an unruly tenant, our firm can represent you and make sure the law is upheld.
The following are some common landlord/tenant disputes:
- Refusal to pay rent
- Withheld security deposits
- Refusal to perform necessary repairs or upkeep
- Breach of lease agreement
- Refusal from a tenant to leave the property
- Unlawful eviction
If you are unsure of your rights as a landlord or tenant, contact the Law Offices of Ruben and Ruben today to schedule a consultation. We can help you find a resolution.
You may need an attorney for commercial property or residential property for rentals, leases, and rental agreements. Our lawyers can help draft a leasing contract or look over the terms of an existing contract to ensure the rights of both the landlord and the tenant. This includes limits on security deposit amounts and prohibitions on discrimination against tenants.
Stephen and Jason recently represented me and my husband in a real estate transaction and it was quickly and thoroughly done.- Suna P.
I don't know what I would have done without help from Ruben and Ruben!- Mark K.
I would recommend The Law Offices of Ruben and Ruben to anyone that wants great legal advice and representation.- Ian W.
Dedicated & Loyal Attorneys
You can ensure your case is handled properly and with complete dedication and loyalty from our attorneys.
Experience You Can Trust Your Business With
We guarantee effective and knowledgeable representation for you or your business. Our reputation and history of success with our clients and their business needs are unmatched.
We Treat You and Your Business with Respect
We’re committed to providing you with top-notch legal support and knowledge. We approach every client with a focus on integrity, advocacy, and understanding.
Local, Family-Based Law Firm
For generations, we have helped our clients within the community with all their legal needs.